The Boatanchors Directory
MISSING LINKS? 404 ERRORS? Look them up again on the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.
OR on the Wayback Machine Internet Archive Mirror.
(HINT: save a copy of these web articles for yourself in case they later disappear!)
- AB4EL's Archives of several e-mail groups - 3 boatanchors groups, Collins, Glowbugs, Heathkit, Homebrew, QRP-L, 160m etc.
- Allied Radio - Allied Radio electronics and Knight Kits Group.
- Amateur Repairs Discussion Group - get those older radios going again!
- Atlas Radio Group
- Atlas Radio 210 and 215 Users Group
- AM RADIO - Discussion list for AM Enthusiasts to meet and discuss their favorite mode.
- AM Radio Gear Group - Discussions about AM Equipment.
- AM Radio Discussion Group - no buying or selling allowed here!
- AM SWAP Group
- AMATEUR RADIO SWAP Group - Buy Sell Trade radio equipment etc.
- AM_Radio at QTH.NET mailing list archives - comprehensive archives of all messages arranged by date and topic.
- Antique Radios List - This list is for those who enjoy antique radio (and related things) from 1895-1960. The focus is on tube radios. problem shooting and information. More activity is needed. Please join in.
- Antique SHortwave Radios List
- ARC5 Radios Discussion Group - military components from AN/ARC-5, SCR-274N, ARA, ATA, etc. equipment.
- Archives of Discussions - Select the brand of radio, and you will likely find useful information from the qth net e-mail archives.
- ARIZONA AM GROUP
- AWA - Antique Wireless Association - a specialized group limited to discussing radios of the 1920s.
- AZDEN - Discussion of Azden radios
- Boatanchor Swaplist - BASWAPLIST - The email address is: email@example.com - To subscribe send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and then in the body of the message say ONLY:
'subscribe baswaplist youremailaddress'
Boatanchors Archives - Alternative site for the archives.
- Boatanchors qth dot net
- CLEGG Radios
- Collins E-mail Archives - A wealth of useful information from 2001-2003 about taking care of your Collins equipment.
- Collins - Discussion of equipment manufactured by Collins
- Collins OTHER List - CCA ia an active group that has VERY, VERY STRICT RULES. Be careful here.
- Daily Boatanchors via AB4EL Web Digests - Find out what the hams saying on THE PORCH, BA e-mail list, about amateur radios of the old days. Warning: this is a PAY service.
- ARCHIVES from The Porch - Boatanchors Mailing List 2007 - 2009
- DC Boatanchors - A discussion list for the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia areas, for old radio enthusiasts to talk, buy, sell and trade equipment.
- DENTRON - Discussions about Dentron amplifiers and equipment
- Drake Radios Yahoo Group
- Drake Radio Group at ZEROBEAT - by far the busiest Drake discussion group.
- EICO Radios and Equipment
- Euro BA Swap - Discussions about buying, selling and using Collins, Drake, Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, National, Heathkit, Marconi, Siemens, Lorenz radios and test equipment - mostly for Europe but others are welcomed too.
- Florida Boatanchors - Features e-mail list for old radio enthusiasts in and around the Florida sunshine state. Discuss, buy, sell and trade. Anyone, anywhere is welcome.
- For Sale - Swap
- GALAXY-WRL. The World Radio Labs (WRL) Group
- Glowbugs Email Archive, by N6EV - E-mails from the Glowbugs list. Useful information; from 1997.
- Glowbugs E-mail List - Subscription Information etc.
- Glowbug Radio Yahoo Group
- GONSET RADIOS
- GREENKEYS - Discussion group for older RTTY equipment.
- Hallicrafters Radio Group
- Ham Radio Homebrew - discuss building radios, where to buy parts etc.
- Hammarlund Radios - discuss the old tube radios with this friendly group
- Hammarlund RBG Radios - US Navy World War II Hammarlund Model RBG Radio Receivers.
- Hammarlund - Discussion of equipment manufactured by Hammarlund
- Heathkit Group - Yahoo Group for discussion of all Heathkit subjects.
- Tempe HEATH E-list - Subscribe to the E-mail list run by City of Tempe, AZ.
- Heathkit List at Cyberventure - a good active group of enthusiasts.
- Heathkit List at Tempe - Heathkit List at City of Tempe. Subscription control page.
- HeathKit-Radios - Mailing list at Yahoogroups.
- HeathKit-Radios-Moderated - Mailing list WITHOUT SPAM.
- Heath E-mail Reflectors - Information about several Heath E-mail lists.
- Heathkit Group at qth dot net
- HF Homebrew Power Amplifiers - great place to share ideas, information, parts etc.
- HOLLOW STATE - discuss tube radios etc.
- Homebrew - Discussions about making your own radio equipment.
- Kenwood - discuss the older tube radios like TS-520, TS-820, TS-530 and TS-830
- Knightkit-Allied-Lafayette-EICO Discussion Group - on Yahoo Groups.
- KNIGHTKIT: Allied-Knightkit List - discussions about old Knight Kit Radios.
- KNIGHTKIT R-100A Receiver Group
- KNIGHTKIT T-150A Transmitter Group
- KW Radios - KW Electronics of England made tube amateur radio equipment in the 1960s.
- Lafayette Radio - Discussion of radio equipment made by Lafayette
- Liszt, the mailing list directory - Find that rare list on any topic!
- James Millen Society - the use, restoration and preservation of radio communications equipment which exhibit design or construction attributable to Mr. James Millen, er, in other words MILLEN radio equipment!
- MOPA Group - discuss simple two stage transmitters - Master Oscillator Power Amplifier. MOPA
- National Radio - Discussion of National Radio Equipment.
- NATIONAL RADIO HRO Users Group - discuss,m buy and sell National radios here
- Novice Rigs - discuss the radios you loved and used in the earlier days of ham radio.
- QRZ.com Archives - discussions about TEST EQUIPMENT used for Boat Anchors
- Radio Modifications
- Radio Swap - buy, sell and trade radios here.
- R-388 Receivers Group
- R-390 Receivers Group
- Radio-tech Info Page - The broadcast engineering e-mail list. May be very useful for radio news and technical discussions.
- Radio Shack REASLITIC DX Group - discussions about the Realistic DX150A and DX160 Receivers
- REC.RADIO.AMATEUR BOATANCHORS Newsgroup Archives - a broad variety of topics can be found here.
- Another REC.RADIO.AMATEUR BOATANCHORS Newsgroup Archives - index covers 2005 to 2010
- Swan-Net - The e-mail list for dedicated enthusiasts of Swan radios.
- TEARA - A listing of e-mail reflectors related to Amateur Radio.
- Tempe Boatanchors E-list - Archives of boatanchors@listserv. City of Tempe, AZ. E-mail list.
- Subscription control for Tempe Boatanchors - you can join and leave the list here.
- Southeast AM Radio Club SAMRC - E-mail list is on the server at wdavis.net - email@example.com
- TEMPE Boatanchors Group Archives from 1997 - 2009 - a wealth of information on many topics.
- TEMPO ONE = FT-200 Radios discussion group - Henry radio imported these transceivers built by Yaesu
- TenTec List - Contesting Online - Discussion list for older TenTec radios.
- TESLA List Archives - Several years of useful information on parts sources, techniques and data in these files.
- Topica AM List - Only for Hams who like AM.
- Topica AM List - alternative link.
- Topica Ham Radio E-mail Lists - Search for additional Ham Radio Lists here.
- TUBE SWAP Group
- TUBE SWL Group - discuss the old tube shortwave radios here.
- TUBE TESTERS Group - discuss a wide variety of tube testers.
UCSD.edu Ham Boatanchors Discussion Group
- VHF TUBE AMPLIFIER Builders Group - share ideas, swap parts etc.
- VINTAGE TEST EQUIPMENT - a great group on Yahoo Groups.
- VSS: VINTAGE SOLID STATE - another great group on Yahoo Groups.
- Vintage Tube - for all vacuum tube lovers, whether your interests be Audio or RF.
- World Radio Labs - WRL Group
- YAESU AMPLIFIERS
- YAESU FRG7 Group
- YAESU MUSEUM Vintage radio discussion group
Have you found the resources and other information on this site useful?
Are they helping to make your web surfing or your ham radio experince better?
Contribute 50c to our tip jar... Please consider dropping a small amount in our tip jar!
Our goal is to help people learn more about amateur radio and at the same time having a site that meets
the needs of its visitors. Whether you're a newcomer to amateur radio or an "old hand" we hope you will
find something on our site to make your radio activities more enjoyable experiences. If you want to support
our goal to help make the web a place where all are welcome and able to use the sites they visit, please make
a contribution. Any amount is appreciated.
To leave a donation via PayPal, MasterCard, or VISA, please click the button below.
COMMENTS? E-MAIL THE WEBMASTER, AF4K