The Boatanchors Directory
MISSING LINKS? 404 ERRORS? Look them up again on the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.
OR on the Wayback Machine Internet Archive Mirror.
(HINT: save a copy of these web articles for yourself in case they later disappear!)
- W2NBC has a great AM radio site showing his equipment etc.
- Al Girard's Home Page - VE6OA. Information and links for a variety of radio topics, including vintage amateur radio.
- Alan Cutts' Boatanchors - Alan Cutts shows us his collection of ham radio Boatanchors.
- Boatanchors'll getcha...eventually. - A soon-to-be-expanded page describing the boatanchor acquisitions of W1GFH and their strange hold over him.
- Brian Denley - Scroll down for Hammarlund HQ-150, Collins R-388 and Hallicrafters SX-28.
- Bryce's Amateur Radio - KI0LE. VLF electronics equipment, and boatanchor rigs.
- EB5AGV Vintage Radio - Devoted to vintage radio / communications equipment. Collins, Drake, Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, National, Racal, Heathkit, RCA, TV-7.
- F6CRP boatanchors - Great collection of Atlas, Drake, Heath, Las Provence and Yaesu rigs.
- JA1CEB - This is where your American Boatanchor radios have gone. Many good pictures of a variety of rigs.
- KA0VSL - Descriptions and photos of vintage radios, keys, keyers, and tuners by many manufacturers. Also includes personal shack photos.
- KK7TV - Details equipment used, functionality, and includes shack photos.
- W2EC Large Collection - Many different radios on display.
- Individual Collections - K4XR Boatanchors
- K5MVR Rambling - His collection. Has 2 or 3 pop-ups.
- KK5FE Amateur Radio Station - Photographs of this radio collection shown from the inside out.
- KX4R's Boatanchor Shack - Radios from the Golden Era of Ham Radio. Pictures and descriptions of a collection of vintage Ham gear
of the 40's, 50's and 60's.
- Morrow Radio - This site run by KY1P, includes pictures and information about several radios.
- N2CQR/HI8 - Pictures of Bill Meara with his Hammarlund HQ-100, Drake 2B, and Hallicrafters HT-37.
- N3IBX - Joe Cro shows us his vintage station.
- N3IBX - Boatanchor collection
- N4OZI's Collection - With lots of (missing) pictures and info.
- K5DH Dean Hemphill - several interesting articles and links.
- NQ5T - Devoted to the care, feeding, restoration and operation of boatanchors.
- N7RK - Includes photographs and descriptions of this collection of broadcast radios and boatanchors, want list, and links.
- Phil's Vintage Radios and Test Equipment - Collection of 50+ Canadian and American radios from the 1920's to 1950's. Also vintage oscilloscopes and test equipment.
- Hundreds of individual sites and collections listed here at QSL.NET
- Radio Doc KQ6CM - The antique radio collection of Bob Mantz, including Zenith, Philco, Scott and Hallicrafters radios.
- Radio Otaku - JA4JNR shows us his rather extensive collections of USA made BA radios.
- Individuals - PA3ESY Vintage radio collection
- Steve's Boatanchors - My collection of old radios, ramblings and some nice images
- VK2BV Personal Collection - Interesting Radios
- VK2DYM Personal Radio Collection
- VK2UA - Simon's communications receivers and military gear.
- WB1GFH Collection - Real Stuff by Joe Tyburczy - A Great site with loads of wonderful Boatanchor radios.
- W1JHJ's Boatanchors - A large collection with pictures.
- WA1QIX Hamshack - Nostalgia Radio and homebrew projects etc.
- WA2RQY - Pictures, information and links. Featuring Collins, Hammarlund and Hallicrafters radios.
- WB4GWA, Ron Johnson - Pictures, and descriptions of Ron's BA rigs. GA.
- WB6RMP's Boatanchors -
Craig presents pictures and evaluations of Collins, Drake and Heathkit radios.
- WD8DAS Radio Gallery - Military surplus and homebrew radios on display.
- WB8DIV Personal Collection
- W2HYN - Ancient Telegraphy gear pictured.
- W4IDX, David Robbins - A site about his collection of Collins, Drake and Hallicrafters radio equipment.
- W6OM's Ham Radio Drive - Featuring Heathkit, Johnson, and National rigs.
- W8PU Gary's personal BA Collection
- W4QCU, Dave Aabye - Join W4QCU for a tour of operating positions, boatanchors, and other interesting information.
- WS1K Boatanchors - Photo gallery includes Hallicrafters, National and Collins.
- ZL1DD Barry - Vintage radio enthusiast in New Zealand.
Have you found the resources and other information on this site useful?
Are they helping to make your web surfing or your ham radio experince better?
Contribute to our tip jar... Please consider dropping a small amount in our tip jar!
Our goal is to help people learn more about amateur radio and at the same time having a site that meets
the needs of its visitors. Whether you're a newcomer to amateur radio or an "old hand" we hope you will
find something on our site to make your radio activities more enjoyable experiences. If you want to support
our goal to help make the web a place where all are welcome and able to use the sites they visit, please make
a contribution. Any amount is appreciated.
To leave a donation via PayPal, MasterCard, or VISA, please click the button below.
COMMENTS? E-MAIL THE WEBMASTER, AF4K